Jordan has worked in hospitality for 17 years.
She started running restaurants in the UK during her time at university, and since then her passion for the industry, cooking and customer service has grown tenfold.
In 2012 Jordan decided that she wanted to experience her trade somewhere else, and set her sights on Ibiza. She started off by working in various restaurants and bars on the island and continued to do so for a number of years.
In 2018, after working for 7 consecutive summers, she decided to make a permanent, professional home for herself here.
Her determination to create something great got her together with two close friends, and they all came up the idea for Kick Ibiza
Kick has become a firm favourite with tourists, workers and residents alike during the summer months.
Serving fresh, flavoursome ingredients from their restaurant in San Antonio, owners Jordan, Steven Bonnar and David Mears provide a much loved vibe to the south-west of the island.
This recipe has been provided (and created) by Jordan herself, who wants to share a little slice of Kick Ibiza’s tasty menu with you to create with ease.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl
- Mix thoroughly, add the milk and vanilla extract
- Whisk until smooth
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat
- Add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and wipe it around the edges with a heatproof brush, or thick kitchen towel
- Once the pan is hot, pour a small ladleful of the batter into the centre of the pan
- Cook for about a minute (or until the the bubbles are popping on the surface and just the edges look dry and slightly shiny)
- Quickly flip the contents of the pan over and cook on the other side for a further minute (or until the pancake is light, fluffy and a pale golden brown colour)
- Transfer to a plate and serve with layers of chopped banana and seasonal fruits
- Finally, add a drizzle of agave syrup to finish.
Each serving of vegan pancakes provides:
365 kcal, 8g protein, 64g carbohydrate (of which 16g sugars), 8g fat (of which 1g sugars), 3g fibre & 0.6g salt.
Useful items for this recipe