Cuisine: Mediterranean, Seafood
Cooking Method: Oven Baked
Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 1 Hr 30 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 50 Mins
Alex brings 30 years’ 0f industry experience to the plate.
Working in some of London’s top restaurants, including Gordon Ramsay’s ‘Maze’ and The Mandarin Oriental, Alex,
The now-Ibiza based resident has started his own private catering company with partner Dana Luckmann called Saffron and works with various clients all over the island.
Alex likes to bring precision and passion to all aspects of his cooking and hopes this recipe inspires you to recreate his dish at home.
- Season the fillets and put together on the flesh side.
- Leave in the fridge for 1hr to set
- Cook the fillets in a pre-heated oven at 190˚C for 15 – 20 mins
- Check with a skewer if it pierces the flesh with no resistance it is done. (check after 15mins) Curried Cauliflower Mash
- Cut Cauliflowers fine and cover with the milk and cream and curry powder
- Season with salt and cook until soft (15-20mins)
- Season with the lemon zest and juice and blend until smooth
- Mix in the mash potato into the puree a little at a time until you get a nice creamy consistency To Serve
- Blend the onion, garlic and ginger together with a little oil to make a paste
- Cook in a pan with a little salt until the paste starts to fry Mix the fish stock with saffron strands until it is bright yellow
- Mix the fish stock with saffron strands until it is bright yellow
- Add the coconut milk to the onion mix and the fish stock
- Cook until is the consistency to coat a spoon
- Season with the fish sauce and the lime juice and pass through a fine sieve
- Blanch the basil in boiling water for 20seconds
- Refresh in cold water
- Pass through a muslin cloth and store in a plastic container To Serve
- Heat up the mash and sauce in separate saucepans
- Bake the fish
- Put the mash on the plate and pour over the sauce
- Place the fish on top and drizzle with the basil oil
- Finish with a nice small bunch of watercress and serve
Useful items for this recipe