Ollie has been on the island for 8 years and has worked at some of the islands best loved restaurants, including sunset venue Kasbah and the legendary Pikes Hotel.
He has been a chef for 10 years and prides himself on his creative dishes, which are loved by many.
This tasty summer dish is a great, quick and easy meal for the whole family to enjoy.
Using fresh and easily sourced ingredients you can create a dish that is not only delicious, but also cost effective.
This recipe uses Cod, but you could alternatively use other Fish such as Salmon or Haddock if you prefer.
Perfect for oven-to-table serving, just add some rustic bread on the side!
- For the Aioli
- Preheat the oven to 180c / gas mark 4 and place a large baking dish inside
- To make the Aioli you will need a stick blender and a jug or a food processor
- Blend the garlic and milk together then slowly pour in the oil while blending. It will thicken to the consistency of yoghurt, don't over blend it as it can go too thick
- Add a pinch of salt, stir and then place in the fridge
- Cut the new potatoes in half and boil in seasoned water until just cooked
- Drain the water off using a colander (make sure they are well drained and set aside)
- Chop your onion into thin strips, remove your dish from the oven, pour a nice glug of olive oil on the dish and add the onions and potatoes
- Zest your lemon and pick the thyme leaves. Sprinkle over the potatoes and onions with a good pinch of salt and cracked black pepper, place it back in the oven and leave it there whilst you prepare the rest.
- Place a pan of water on the hob and heat on a medium-high temperature and add a pinch of salt
- Cut about an inch off the bottom of the asparagus and tenderstem broccoli put them into the boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Cool them down using cold water
- Once they're cold, drain and toss them in a little olive oil along with salt and pepper. Place them on top of the potatoes and onions then put the dish back in the oven.
- Dry the cod using kitchen roll or a clean dishcloth. Once it's nice and dry, place it skin side down on your chopping board and spread a thick layer of your aioli on top of each piece
- Sprinkle your flaked almonds over the top, place the cod on top of the asparagus and tenderstem broccoli then cook in the oven for a further 15 - 20 minutes until the Aioli is golden brown.
Useful items for this recipe