Argentinian born Juan Pablo Carrizo is a well respected Chef, with over 20 years experience in the industry.
His passion involves working with seasonal, (and local) produce to create dishes that leave a lasting impression on his diners.
After running his own highly-acclaimed restaurant and catering company in Barcelona, Juan headed back to the island to work as Head Chef for The Giri Café, the charming eatery in Sant Juan, which he originally helped to create 10 years ago.
Juan has worked with a number of inspirational Chefs throughout his impressive career, from Martín Berasategui and Quique Dacosta (amongst others), ones which have left their mark on his take of a well-cooked, tasty dish.
“I believe that you can taste the love in really good, and well-prepared food.”
This White Gazpacho recipe is great for beating the heat, which makes it perfect for summer lunching in the sun.
Juan hopes that you enjoy this recipe just as much as his guests at The Giri Café do, and looks forward to welcoming you soon.
You can see more on Juan and The Giri Café via Instagram or Facebook.
- Ingredient list for the decoration
- Put all ingredients (except the grape seed oil) in a blender.
- Turn your hob to a high heat, and stir for 6-8 minutes.
- Lower the intensity, and blend the grape seed oil in a slow and steady stream to emulsify.
- If you make it by hand, make sure to beat with a whisk. Leave the soup in the fridge to cool down.
- Before serving, cut the bread in thin sticks.
- Toast in the oven on 200 degrees for 5 mins.
- Pour the soup into deep-based plates.
- Put the toast on top, and finish with the balsamic caviar.
- For a more decorative look, gently place a couple of edible flowers on top too.
- This recipe serves 10, so any leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days.