Sharon has lived on the island for almost 9 years and started out her time here as a Zumba instructor.
She’s now a self made, self taught baker and owns The Cupcake Collection Ibiza, which is now the ‘go to’ company for cakes here.
From initially baking her creations in her kitchen at home, Sharon has gone on to work as an independent cake designer from the famous family owned ‘Gala Night’ venue in Benimussa (aka, home of The Zoo Project).
Her offerings range from sweet, vegan & raw styles to suit every tastebud and diet.
Sharon’s grandmother inspired her at an early age with her own love of baking, with Apple Pies being a firm favourite.
“I didn’t really have any intention on being an actual baker, it happened by accident”.
An accident that has paid off in leaps and bounds, and has made her a household name on the island.
From birthdays to weddings, photo shoots to corporate events, Sharon can do it all.
Here she’s provided us with something simple which you can make from your own kitchen, an easily adaptable recipe where you can add little extras to suit your own requirements.
She hopes you like it, and so do we!
- Additional optional Extras
- Use a non stick dish or line a tin (Sharon uses 20x20cm)
- Roast the nuts and allow to cool
- Mix your dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Combine your wet ingredients, starting with mashing your bananas until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients until combined.
- Add the additional optional extras of your choice.
- Bake for 150 for 20 minutes with the fan on.
- All ovens vary, some ovens may need to be 180 degrees, some lower.
- When you can see it has turned a golden colour, take the dish out, leave to cool for 10 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack or board.
- Serve although they won't last for long
Useful items for this recipe