Having previously worked for many years in some of London’s most famous restaurants, under world-renowned celebrity Chef – Marco Pierre White, Tim Payne has truly made his mark on the culinary circuit, both in the UK and here in Ibiza.
After moving to the island seven years ago, Tim’s admiration for our wonderful White Isle has kept him here ever since.
His support for local produce can be found at Can Mimosa, where he currently works as Head Chef/Director.
Tim is one of the main reasons that people visit the wonderful eatery in Santa Gertrudis.
His fabulous fare is second to none, and the venue itself is one that guests always remember for its welcoming environment, and highly attractive garden-restaurant which is surrounded by nature.
They even grow their own vegetables just outside the kitchen, so you can always ensure quality, goodness and care with each-and-every dish.
It’s the perfect spot to enjoy a relaxing, uninterrupted afternoon with loved ones.
This recipe is a light summer salad with local, fresh ingredients which were all sourced in Ibiza, including the home made Burrata.
“We love this dish, it is so simple to make, the ingredients and flavour combinations work wonderfully, and it’s also a very beautiful dish to present.”
“Many of our guests at Can Mimosa often say ‘WOW’ when the dish is placed in front of them, and we love that!” – Pedro Cervero
Owners Pedro, girlfriend Holly, and Tim all welcome you to visit the idyllic Can Mimosa soon.
We hope this recipe inspires you to recreate Tim’s wonderful dish from home.
- Peel and trim the asparagus if necessary. They should be approximately 12 – 15cm long.
- Heat a frying pan and add a teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Once hot, quickly fry the asparagus so it chars a little.
- Remove from pan and drain any excess oil.
- Place the asparagus on the plate neatly, then lay half the burrata on top and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place the olives and capers over the burrata.
- Spoon a good amount of olive oil onto the burrata, then finish with the pine nuts and flowers.