What they mean for you
The Site is owned and operated by Alexandra Rose Creative, from henceforth known as ‘we’ or ‘us’ here – to keep things short and simple).
Using our Site
The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use only.
While using our Site, you have to be nice. That means you agree you won’t:
- do anything illegal – for example, you can’t post or upload anything offensive or obscene
infringe other peoples’ (including our) rights – for example, use our brands, trade marks or logos without our permission or charge others for our content or services
- reduce the use and enjoyment of the Site by anyone else – including (but not limited to) doing anything which is libellous (damages the reputation of someone), breaches anyone’s privacy, or which may harass, cause real distress or inconvenience to any person
- promote or threaten violence against anyone or advance criminal activities, including terrorism, human trafficking or modern slavery
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your connection or affiliation with a person or entity, or otherwise solicit, collect or store (or attempt to solicit, collect or store) personal information about other Site users.
You can’t mess with our Site – that means you can’t:
- reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Site
- copy or modify the HTML code used to generate web pages on the Site
- use any device, software, or procedure that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site
- take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our IT infrastructure
- modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any portion of the Site
- disrupt or otherwise interfere with the Site or the networks or servers we use.
Be warned that if you breach these Terms, then in looking into the breach we may use your personal details to phone or email you to find out more, or to share our concerns. We may issue you with a formal warning or we may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with any part of these Terms, or any terms or policies to which they refer to, or any applicable law.
Also, if you choose to access the Site from locations outside the UK and The Republic of Ireland, you are responsible for compliance with local laws where they are applicable.
We want everyone to be able to use and enjoy the Site so our aim to make it as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties or comments using the Site, or need a form in a different format please contact us here.
Using our content
We own the Site. We also own, or license, all the content that’s submitted to or found on the Site (let’s just call that ‘Content’ from now on) that includes (but is not limited to):
- recipes, images, photos, artwork, videos, audio or other multimedia content,
- our logos and trade marks where applicable.
- software and technical elements such as metadata and code
- the design, arrangement and look and feel of the Site
- and information or material submitted to or on the Site (other than Contributions and your personal information)
- anything else that’s protected by copyright.
We (and our licensors) reserve all of our (and their) rights in any intellectual property in connection with the Content. This means, for example, that we (and they) remain owners of them and free to use them as we (and they) see fit.
It also means that if you want to use any Content you need our (or our Licensor’s) permission unless you’re using it for your personal use or using the Sharing Function.
Without such permission you may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, store (including on any other website), distribute, transmit, broadcast, commercially exploit or modify in any way any of the Site’s material or Content, or permit or assist anyone else to do the same.
You must also not adjust, try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site.
Can I get permission?
As you can imagine, we receive a large number of requests from people and organisations that wish to use our Content.
You may request permission by using this form. However, please note that due to the large number of requests we receive it may take us a while to get back to you. Also, permission can only be granted in certain circumstances and sometimes we won’t be able to give you permission. Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site other than as necessary to enable you to access the Site.
Using the Sharing Function
Content which you can share without our permission will show one or more of these options next to it:
Social media buttons for posting to Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter etc
Here’s what you need to know before you use this Sharing Function:
- You’ll still need to get our permission first for any business use
- When you share to a social media platform their terms will apply and it’s your responsibility to make sure you comply with them – think before you share
- You can’t remove any of our branding or logos
- You can’t remove or change our credits or make it look like someone else made it
- If not already included, add a hyperlink to the Content’s original location on the Site
- You can’t add any branding, logos and so on, except for any branding that’s already within the Content
- You can’t mix our Content with anything harmful, offensive or illegal (that includes anything that would harm our reputation!)
- You can’t charge others for using our Content
- You can’t make it more prominent than non-Home Cooked Heroes content around it or otherwise make it look like we’re endorsing you or affiliated with you
- You can’t make a website/app or offer any service of your own that contains only our Content
- You can’t associate our Content with anyone else’s advertising or sponsorship or make it look like we’re endorsing or have a special relationship with anyone else
- You can’t put ads over our Content or change it in any way
- You are liable for anything that might happen to you as a result of using the Sharing Function
Sharing information on the Site
If you use any functionality this Site makes available that allows you to leave comments, please note that people may respond to these comments and that such responses may be abusive, untrue or unpleasant. Please be careful when using any messaging or commenting function not to reveal personal information such as your home or work contact details, your last name or where you live.
When submitting any inquiries via our “Contact Us” page or by email or other means via the Site, you should not include any juicy stuff – no sensitive personal information, patentable ideas or patent applications, advertising or marketing suggestions, prototypes, or any other information that you regard as confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable (we’ll call these “Unwanted Information”). If you do submit any Unwanted Information to us, you agree that we may use any Unwanted Information as we see reasonably fit on a free-of-charge basis. We will not be legally responsible for keeping any Unwanted Information confidential and will not be legally responsible to you or anybody else for any use of such Unwanted Information.
Accuracy of information and availability of the Site
While we try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we can’t promise that it always will be. We also can’t promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. If you rely on any of the information on this Site, it’s at your own risk.
Our Content is provided for your enjoyment only and to inform you about news, features, services and other websites that may be of interest. None of it is nutritional, technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and you shouldn’t rely on it for any purposes.
While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use 24/7, we can’t promise that the Site will be available at all times and we don’t promise that your use of it will be uninterrupted. Also, while we hope never to do so, we can suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time as we see fit.
Sign-up to our newsletters
Some of our Sites may give you the option to sign-up to our Newsletters. You can decide not to receive these emails at any time in the Subscription Centre, which can be accessed by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ option at the bottom of our emails
The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites including (but not only):
selected websites, social media websites such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter
third party advertising
To be clear, any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them.
If we show any hyperlink and reference to any third party website it doesn’t mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. If you use a third party site you are subject to the terms and conditions of that site.
Each individual advertiser is solely responsible for the content of its advertising material on the Site. We accept no responsibility for individual advertisers’ content, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy.
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that: (a) were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms were formed (which means any
- losses that neither you nor us could reasonably anticipate when the Terms were entered into); or (b) that were not caused by any breach on our part
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
No one other than you and us has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. You are important to us. We have a friendly complaint handling procedure but you need to tell us first why you may be unhappy with us please contact us here as soon as possible. If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our complaint handling procedure, we will:
let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you, and give you certain information required by law about our alternative dispute resolution provider. You may also use the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform to resolve the dispute with us.
For more details, please visit the website on the ‘Your Europe’ portal: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/
If you want to take court proceedings, the relevant courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this Policy. This means relevant English law will apply to this Policy.
These Terms were last updated on 23rd April 2020.
We may vary these Terms from time to time without advance notice. Our updated terms will be displayed on the Site and if you continue to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by the latest version. It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time for such variations.
© 2020 Home Cooked Heroes