Steve owns an Ibiza based mobile bar business ‘Southside Bars‘ .
He’s been on the island for 6 years after having moved over from Haywards Heath in the south of England. He’s worked in the industry for 12 years.
He knew he wanted to base the concept around the prohibition Cocktail, “The South Side” in which he had taken the name from.
With the idea of collaborating both “The South Side” and one of his favourite classics, the “Whiskey Sour”, he decided to create his businesses staple drink ‘Southside Sour’, as here it is!
We’ve included the tools required, but this can also be created using alternatives you’ll normally have in the kitchen.
- Muddle 5 pieces of fresh pineapple, 5 leaves of mint and 1 teaspoon of sugar together.
- Add 50ml of gin, 10ml of the Ibiza chilli sauce, and 25ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice with an egg white.
- Vigorously dry shake to emulsify the egg white for 30 seconds.
- Add ice and shake again very hard for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a fresh glass filled with ice and add 4 drops of angostura bitters.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon.
Useful items for this recipe