Meet Vicky, a naturopathic nutritional therapist and island-based resident here on Ibiza.
Vicky has committed the last 8 years to becoming healthier, happier and more conscious of what she eats due to a previously very demanding career and hectic schedule, which was draining her both mentally and physically.
After suffering from hormonal migraines and high blood pressure whilst working in the television industry for 22 years, Vicky set upon a total mind, body and spirit overhaul to create a better work/life balance.
She now creates regulatory meal plans for her clients and has provided one of them for you to cook at home.
If you are interested in reading more about Vicky’s business then you can visit her website: A Natural Path.
Vicky has provided us with this fabulous Chickpea Curry recipe.
Time to get the hob on!
- Place rice in a mesh strainer and rinse for 20 seconds under cold water until it runs clear.
- Use 1 cup of rice and 3 cups of water per two people.
- Add rice then water to a medium saucepan, and bring to the boil.
- Add a pinch of salt and cook for 10 minutes before reducing the heat.
- Simmer for a further 30/35 minutes with the lid on.
- Do not remove the lid until it's time to check the rice (around 5 minutes before the 30-minute mark).
- Turn off the heat at around 30 minutes, and leave to settle for a further 10 - 15 minutes.
- Turn on another hob to a medium heat, add the coconut oil to a medium sized frying pan.
- Add in the Garlic, Onion, Cinnamon, Ginger and curry powder and fry gently.
- Once the Onions have softened add the Passata.
- Add the Chickpeas.
- Simmer for around 15 minutes.
- Add a portion of rice to each bowl, along with the ingredients of the frying pan.
- Sprinkle with black pepper, fresh coriander, a squeeze of fresh lemon and enjoy.
If you like a little more spice with your food then you can add Chilli too.
This recipe also works well with Cauliflower, Courgette and fresh Tomatoes!
Useful items for this recipe